Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Jackie's Brisket

Jackie's Brisket

Winner-winner, Brisket Dinner! This was so tasty, and rich! The beef on-beef flavors were fantastic.
This is the first Brisket I've ever made, so I had to do some research. We ultimately did the fat-side up, lean side down in the pot. I also had to research a "Bouquet Garni". A Bouquet Garni is a small bundle of fresh herbs, tied up. I used sage, rosemary, and thyme in mine, but I don't know if I did it correctly because the recipe said to use a tsp...and now I think that means I should have chopped them up? Oh well! Still tasted amazing!

The recipe also called for one Steero Cube. From what I could Google, that's a specific brand of bouillon cube. I'm not totally sure it still exists. I didn't have a bouillon cube, I typically use a goopy mixture called a beef base, it comes in a jar and it's called "Better than Bouillion". I used the same amount of beef base, and it seemed to work out just fine!

I bought a 2.5 lb brisket for this recipe, enough for four hearty eaters. Served up with some broccoli and bread, it made for a great 5th of July dinner. Bon Appetite!

Jackie's Brisket

Jackie was someone who once worked for the Trumbos

Ingredients:

Brisket
Lawry's easing
Salt
Pepper
Sliced Onion
Garlic
1 tsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Bouquet Garni
Course Ground Pepper
1 tbsp minced dry onion
1 Steero Cube and 1 cup hot water

Directions:

Sprinkle brisket with Lawry's seasoning, salt, pepper, and brown on all sides. Place in heavy roaster or iron skillet on top of sliced onion and roasted garlic. On top, place brown sugar, bouquet garni, pepper, dried onion, and Steero cube.

Add hot water. Roast, cover tightly at 350 for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
The brisket at rest, after the roast
The onions and garlic, hanging out in brisket-juice


No comments:

Post a Comment